Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3rd, 2008

Motivation

So many people can motivate themselves and other are not as lucky. On this note, LOVE YOURSELF FIRST!!!! I am a firm believer in the fact that you love yourself first despite criticism, haters, and neagtively. Without loving yourself, aren't you depriving the world and yourself of who you really are? I have (2) boys- 15 and 8- and because I love myself FIRST, I am the best mother that I can be. My boys know, I love them dearly but I am IN LOVE WITH MYSELF. I don't waste any time feeling bad for myself. I review each day at its close, learn from it, move on and move forward.

If you like music and need a quick motivational tune, I vote for my motivational tune for 2008 is Mary J. Blige's "Just Fine". Read the Lyrics below and listen the next time you hear the song.

You know I love music
And every time I hear something hot
It makes me wanna move
It makes me wanna have fun
But it’s something about this joint right here
This joint right here Its makes me wanna…..Woooh Let it go……

Can’t let this thing called love get away from you
Feel free right now, going do what you want to do
Can’t let nobody take it away, from you, from me, from we
No time for moping around, are you kidding?
And no time for negative vibes, cause I’m winning
It’s been a long week, I put in my hardest
Gonna live my life, feels so good to get it right
So I like what I see when I’m looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror
No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight,
I got my mind right I aint gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..


Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh

You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine
Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
Keep your head up high In yourself, believe in you, believe in me
Having a really good time, I’m not complaining
And I’m a still wear a smile if it raining
I got to enjoy myself regardless I appreciate life, I’m so glad I got mine
So I like what I see when I’m looking at me

When I’m walking past the mirror
Aint worried about you and what you gonna do I’m a lady so I must stay classy
Got to keep it hot, keep it together If I want to get better Y
ou see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh You see I won’t change my life, my life’s just fine
I aint gon’ let nothing get in my way (I ain't gone let nobody bring me down, no, no, no)
No matter what nobody has to say (No way, no way, no way)
I ain’t gon’ let nothing get in my way
No matter what nobody has to say
Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
It’s a really good thing to say That I won’t change my life,
my life’s just fine Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh

You see I won’t change my life, my life’s just fine
So I like what I see when I’m looking at me When I’m walking past the mirror
No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it G
ot my head on straight, I got my mind right I ain’t gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just….. Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine

What I highlighted in red are very powerful statements within this song and great starter on your MP3 player for the Treadmill.....LOL

Figuring Out Your BMI

BMI stands for your Body Mass Index and it is a way that many doctors determine obesity or if you are overweight. Many websites do the math for you but the highly used standard for what is considered normal or a healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9. Keep in mind that the data is based off of your weight, age (optional) and height. I use the automatic BMI calucaltor on caloriecontrol.org and a direct link for this would be http://www.caloriecontrol.org/bmi.html. LOVE YOURSELF and determine if you need to change your lifestyle. That's right LIFESTYLE NOT DIET.

Is it okay to weigh myself everyday?
Do what feels comfortable to you. However, I would not recommend it if you are looking to lose weight. The mental stress of not losing weight fast enough, the scale didn't move from yesterday and I workout out so hard is NOT WORTH IT!!! IMHO, pick (1) day a week and consistency weigh yourself naked and after disposing any excess (using the bathroom) and BEFORE eating something in the morning. My day is Sunday. I do it to ensure that I am healthy and I have not stuck in my workout routine.

Yesterday's Workout Tally

Well, yesterday I burned 1077 calorie during exercise. But keep in mind that my workout program is "on the 12" (tune in tomorrow and I will explain more). So that was a (30) minute routine of step, (15) minute abs, and a (60) minute romp on the treadmill. I loss 4.9oz in Weight and 1.5oz in fat and spent One hour, thirty seven minutes in my target zone.

No comments: