Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 4th, 2008

Well it's Official!!!

I accepted a position at a well known fitness club as a Personal Trainer Trainee. They are giving me (3) months to get and pass my certs. YEAH!!! It sounds funny to have someone train me so I can be a personal trainer....hhhmmmm

Oops...How Rude Where are My Manners?

With the excitement of the New Year, I forgot to mention my fitness routine yesterday. For those of you who are wondering, I am on a routine that they call "On the 12". Can't figure it out? It's quite simple. It's an plateau blaster that can be time intense but so rewarding. Every (12) hours, you work out. Ha...how easy was that with the exception of your off day. For example, On Tuesday- I worked out at 7:ooam and 7:00pm. The same for Wednesday and Thursday. OFF On Friday and start the (3) day on the 12 rotation all over again.

The Actual Routine

Is a rotation of weights and step aerobic on rotation (1), rotation (2) consists of a floor cardio workout without any weights, rotation (3) is step aerobics and rotation (4) is a floor workout with weights. For example, I did rotation 1 through 3 this past week and on Saturday, I will start with rotation (4) and then rotation (1) and (2). Then my rest day. Then I will start on rotation (3). So it's working out every (12) hours, with (4) rotations, for (3) days. My second routine of the day is usually the treadmill. It was a Holiday gift and I am sure that I will beat the snot out of it! HA!

The Non-Profit Update

Well, I have a name....YEAH!! However, until it's in writing with tax id numbers and such, I can quite share it.....boohoo!

A Recipe from the aTLCbody Cookbook

Here's a TLC Original.....

(1) 6oz. Piece of Fresh Salmon
(1/2) Fresh Red Pepper cut in strips
(1) Cup of Fresh Broccoli Florets
(1) Cup of Fresh Oyster Mushrooms
(1/2) Cup of Fresh Snow Peas
(1/2) Fresh Scallions, thinly cut
(6) oz of Lawry's Sesame Ginger Marinade
(8) oz of cook Lingiuni
(1) teaspoon of melted butter
Old Bay seasonings sprinkled to taste

Pour the butter over the raw piece of salmon. Lightly season the salmon with Old Bay and baked at 400 Degrees F. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.

In a large pot, steam the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and snow peas. Vegetable should still have a crunch.

Prepare linguini. Upon doneness, strain and place in a mixing bowl. Drain the vegetables and add them to the mixing bowl with the linguini. Add (5) oz of the Sesame Ginger sauce to this mixture and toss. Serve on a plate.

Remove salmon from the oven. Place the salmon in the center of pasta/veggie mixture and pour on top the remaining sesame ginger sauce. Add the scallions on top for a bolder taste and decoration.

Yesterday's Workout Tally

Yesterday was 1152 calories burned, 5.2oz in weight loss and 2.5oz in fat. Tomorrow will be my rest day.....(yeah right, I will probably wander over to the treadmill for (30) minutes....)

No comments: