Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Wishing everyone a great fitness year!!!

2008 Fitness Motto

"Any kind of exercise is good, as long as you are doing something....."- aTLCbody

"It's so hard to fit exercise in my schedule" is something that I hear from my friends all the time. Then I said it- something I would NEVER say to anyone must less to my dear friends that I truly adore, love and cherish. "Well, if you find time to watch your favorite show, you have time to exercise!" I blurted it out so quickly and without hestitation that I stunned myself. She stared at me with disgust and her sister and I waiting for the words of fury to spark. But they didn't......I was quite surprise. We dropped the subject and moved on to our kids.

The next day, I got a phone call from her. She was asking me about becoming a vidiot. Asked me where to start and to help her design a schedule. I seized the moment for what it was, packed up some vids, some weights, my little guy and rushed over there. I worked out with her showing her proper form and lending her some vids on a 'trial basis'. I also helped her design a healthy eating regimen and an exercise program.

This morning, I got an email that she purchased a clearanced treadmill for her living room. She realized that she could exercise and NOT miss her favorite shows.

The Moral of the Story........
Alright, I didn't bring up the subject or handled it well when it was brought up. However, I took time out of my schedule to motivate a friend by not telling her, but by showing her. Motivate someone that you are close to. Develop a fitness relationship by helping them, not critcizing them or leaving it up to them to figure out for themself.

What to expect in Year 2008 for aTLCbody........
Part of my NY resolution was to blog more.....I didn't do a smoking job of it last year but I am hoping do it daily in 2008.....

Future Features will include:

Motivational Tips
Video Reviews
Fitness Gadgets Have to Have
Move of the Week
And my certification status and non-profit organization start up

Thanks for stopping by and as always Make it a Great Day!!!




No comments: